1. When is Cajun Festival?
Cajun Festival will be Saturday, April 8th at the Taylor County Fair Grounds. Doors will open at 10:30 am. The serving line will be open all day from 11 am – 7:30 pm OR until we sell out.
2. How much does it cost? Are you still offering the family bundle?
Please visit ticket page for a complete list of pricing. Yes! We are offering the family bundle pricing at the same rate as last year.
3. Where can I purchase tickets?
You may purchase tickets online (we will mail them to you) beginning February 15th or come by the AEF offices from 9 am – 5 pm Monday-Friday to purchase in advance. You may also purchase a ticket at the gate, but the price increases the day of the event.
4. Is Cajun Festival a charity benefit?
Yes, all the proceeds will benefit the teachers and students of Abilene ISD through the enrichment of AEF programs including scholarships for high school students.
5. I am interested in being a vendor or I was a vendor last year how do I sign up?
We are not opening up our event this year to outside vendors. There will be a select group of AISD organizations represented and loads of children’s activities, inflatables and games. More details to follow.
6. How can I be a sponsor and what are your levels?
Please visit our sponsor page. You may also call our office for more information at 325-677-1444 ext. 2616.
7. I am interested in attending the private sponsor dinner on Friday night, may I purchase an individual ticket?
No. Friday night’s dinner is for sponsors only and individual tickets are not available. If you are a current sponsor and wish to purchase additional tickets to the ones already provided in your sponsor packet please contact our office at 325-677-1444 ext. 2616 or indicate the additional number on your sponsor form.
8. Do you sell beer and/or wine on Saturday?
No. Alcohol is not permitted at Cajun Festival Saturday, April 8th.
9. What is the entertainment schedule or when is my child performing on Saturday?
The schedule will be posted as soon as it is available.
10. How can I volunteer?
Please register to volunteer by completing our volunteer form. (Volunteer link) All volunteers who serve a three hour shift will receive a free crawfish and shrimp meal! WE LOVE OUR VOLUNTEERS. You must be 18 or over to volunteer. If you are with a school group please ask you teacher to contact AEF direct for volunteer opportunities.
11. I do not wish to register for the 5K online, may I mail in a registration form?
Yes, please complete the 5K Registration Form and mail it to the address listed below. (pdf)
12. I am registered for the 5K, when and where do I pick-up my packet?
You may pick-up your packet April 6th or 7th from 12 pm – 6 pm at Abilene Running Company 2654 Industrial Blvd, Abilene, TX 79605 or race day until 8 am at Shotwell Stadium.